Using an intensive, friendly and practical learning environment, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the principles behind US guided MSK injections;
- Become familiar with sonographic anatomy, views and techniques relevant to US guided injections;
- Appreciate the various types of needle based interventions in MSK practise;
- Revise basic pathology and clinical presentation of selected conditions treated with needle based interventions;
- Network with tutors and peers, and enhance learning through informal discussion.
This program is designed for any health professional with an interest in ultrasound guided needle interventions. This includes health professionals who don’t necessarily perform interventions themselves, but want to become familiar with the procedures.
A basic understanding of the principles of MSK sonography and scanning technique is recommended. For those students new to sonography, a pre-course Zoom session covering some basics is provided, and is included as part of the course fee.
It is assumed the you will have a good understanding of normal and abnormal anatomy, and of common pathological conditions affecting the MSK system.
Completion of our Upper and Lower Limb MSK ultrasound courses is recommended, although not absolutely necessary.
This course aims to teach you skills and knowledge to perform safe and competent ultrasound guided injections. While we will discuss various injection techniques (such as hydrodissection, PRP, fenestration, prolotherapy, barbotage), the course focus is on sonographic anatomy, techniques and views necessary in order to safely perform various needle based interventions.
Ultimately, the choice of intervention for a given condition remains up to the treating clinician.
We will touch on pathology commonly seen on ultrasound in certain conditions, however this is not a course in diagnostic ultrasound. Scanning is focussed, and not protocol driven (Comprehensive, protocol driven scanning is covered in our Upper and Lower Limb US courses).